Merguez Sausages, butternut mash & snow peas
To make the mash:
- Drizzle butternut with a little olive oil and season well with salt & pepper
- Roast at 200C for about 35 – 40 minutes until soft and starting to caramelize
- In a separate pot heat the butter and olive oil and add the onions – cook on a medium heat until
- Caramelsied about 35 – 40 minutes stirring occasionally but not too often !
- Blitz the butternut and onions together using a hand / stick blender to make the mash
- Blanch the snow peas in boiling water for 2 minutes just before serving
- Panfry the sausages in a little olive oil until done and nice and brown
- Serve rustic style in a bowl with some fresh thyme or any other herb as a garnish
TIPS: Butternut and Sweet potato mash well using a stick blender however normal potatoes have a protein in then that does not react well to the stick blender or any other food processor – it will turn to a gloopy like texture. If you cant get merguez sausages use spicy beef or even chicken sausages.
- 1kg Merguez Sausages – spicy lamb sausages
- 1kg ready prepared butternut cubes – I’m lazy !!
- 3 x onions – sliced as thinly as you can
- 100g butter
- 50ml olive oil
- 250g snow pea’s