Beef fillet bernaise
- Heat the olive oil in cast iron griddle pan and fry the steak for four minutes on each side for medium rare, or until cooked to your liking
- Leave the steak aside to rest for five minutes before serving
for the béarnaise sauce
This is a quick cheats version – just as delicious as the traditional method:
- Put the egg yolks, vinegar and mustard in a jug and blend together using a stick blender
- Warm the butter in a separate jug until hot and melted
- Slowly add the butter to the egg mix bit by bit as you keep blending – do this SLOWLY or the sauce will split – it is easier if you have someone to help you add the butter while you hold the jug and blend !!
- The sauce will thicken to a custard like consistency more or less – now add half of the rehydrated tarragon – first squeeze any excess water out – and blend again.
- Finally add the last of the tarragon and mix through with a spoon so you have some blended in and some whole bits of leaves – adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve with the deep fried chips, rocket and Maldon sea salt – looks lovely served on a woden board !!
- 4 x 250g Beef Fillet Steak
- 1 x pack frozen shoestring fries
- Sunflower oil for deep frying
- 1 x freeze dried pack of tarragon (WW) rehydrated in a little water -unless you’re lucky enough to find fresh
- 4 x Egg yolks
- 250g butter
- 2 x tbspn Spirit vinegar
- 1 tspn Wholegrain mustard
- 1 x pack fresh rocket / green veg of your choice